This session featured Chris Fitzgerald Walsh presenting some new Google features that could be used in education. I have to admit that I went to at least four sessions that I thought were incredibly useless. These sessions presented technology tools and information that have been used by teachers for quite a while now (many people walked out in the middle of these sessions). So it was refreshing to attend a session where the vast majority of the audience learned a couple of new things.
There was a lot of information he provided, but luckily he created and shared a Google document that contains all of it.
Here is a list of topics you touched on:
- Document Management
- Downloading documents as ZIP files
- Research Tool in Documents
- Translate documents into different languages
- Create nonlinear question/answer assessments with Forms
- Google Drive Video (private YouTube video collection)
- Shorten your Google URL with http://goo.gl/
- Google Docs Template Gallery
- Google Sites customization, embed work, and template gallery
- And more!
For Korea International School teachers, please feel free to come to me this year if you need help with any of these features.