For my Web Browsing unit, I have decided to add Chrome Web Lab for two reasons.
- It would allow students to learn how modern day browsers can install apps and extensions.
- Allow students to learn about the power of the web:
- how the web enables people to collaborate
- how the web can give you the experience of being somewhere else
- how the web connects to physical objects
- how data travels across the web
- how easy information is accessible
Chrome Web Lab is a collection of five Chrome Experiments that show how innovative, creative, and magical the web can be.
1. Experiment 1: Universal Orchestra
Students can play music collaboratively with people all around the world in live time!
2. Experiment 2: Sketchbot
Students can learn how machines can be operated by people on the web. They would need to first take a snap shot of themselves, and a sketchbot in London would draw their portrait on sand!
3. Experiment 3: Teleporter
Students will learn how they can visit far away places through the web. View a live 360 degree video shot of places in different countries.
4. Experiment 4: Data Tracer
This experiment let’s you map out the route of an image search.
5. Experiment 5: Lab Tag Explorer
Shows how easily people can browse for information through the web.